Register now at FunRun.com
The Ashley River Creative Arts Elementary PTA is excited to host a 2-week fundraiser for our school. Today, we kicked things off with a pep rally and we’ll celebrate our hard work on Friday, September 21 with a Fun Run during the school day. Parents are invited to come out and cheer us on! The Fun Run day schedule can be found at ARCAEPTA.com
The Fun Run is centered on this year’s school theme, “Teaming Up with the Arts,” and our students will see how we can work together to make a difference for our school. They’ll be rewarded with daily prizes and most importantly, exercise and fun!
The Fun Run is organized and managed by parent volunteers, which means our school keeps most of money we raise! We consult with our friends at Boosterthon and use their software to collect and record pledges. Most students run about 35 laps, so pledging $1 a lap is the same as making a $35 flat donation.
Our goal is $75,000. We came close to that last year and upgraded the lighting and sound system in the cafeteria and replaced the curtain on the stage. This year, we plan to fund school and classroom improvement projects, STEAM and Engaging Creative Minds (ECM) residency program programs, teacher projects and wish lists, as well as matching our art grant.
What to do:
1) REGISTER AS A PARENT ON FUNRUN.COM
· As a parent, go to funrun.com and click the green “SIGN UP” button.
· Enter in your name, e-mail address, and create a password for your funrun.com login and click “save and continue”.
2) REGISTER A STUDENT
· Select the blue “Register A Student” button to register your student.
· Enter “Ashley River” to search for our school. The Fun Run is called “ARCAE Fun Run.”
· Enter the student’s name and select which classroom he or she is a part of and read through the online waiver. Check the box next to “I Agree” when you are done reading and select “Save and Continue.”
· Register any additional students (if applicable) by repeating steps 1 through 3.
3) EDIT YOUR PERSONAL PLEDGE PAGE
· Under your student’s name, you can personalize your student’s page! Select “Edit My Page.”
· Create an individual pledge goal. Remember, all per lap amounts are based on a 30-35 lap average because all students will run between 30-35 laps at the event.
· PERSONALIZE the page by adding a fun message and a photo!
· When you upload a photo, you can wow your friends and family members with a custom video starring your child! Sharing it over e-mail and social media is an easy way to ask for a pledge as well!
4) ENTER PLEDGES
· Select the blue “View Participant’s Dashboard” button.
· From the dashboard, select the green “ENTER PLEDGE” button on the left.
· Enter the Sponsor information and how much the sponsor plans to give, then click “Submit”
· If you prefer not to make online pledges with a credit card, you may send LABELED checks and cash to school with your child each morning and we’ll enter the pledges manually.
5) ASK FOR PLEDGES
· From the dashboard, select the “Get Pledges” icon above the video screen to learn more about how you can use funrun.com’s sharing tools to ask family and friends you know for pledges!
· You can view a phone script, create and share the “Student Star” video, use the Easy-Emailer, or share your Pledge Page via email or social media.