FAQs about the ARCAE FUN RUN
When is the Fun Run?
Ashley River Creative Arts 2017 Fun Run will be held on Friday, September 22 from 9am-Noon. Kindergarten and first grade will run at 9am, followed by second and third graders at 10am, and then fourth and fifth graders at 11am.
Why do we collect pledges?
This is a major fundraiser for our school. The money that we raise is our budget for the whole year. Because parents are managing the Fun Run this year, we'll keep most of the money we raise, rather than giving more than half of it to a third-party organizer.
How do we collect pledges and donations?
- You must register your child at FunRun.com
- Pledges and donations are made online with a credit or debit card only.
How long can we collect pledges?
We will accept pledges and donations until September 30.
What if I want to pay with cash or check? How do I enter my pledge?
Send cash, checks made out to ARCAE PTA, or written pledge to school with your child and we'll input it into the system each morning and your child will get credit and awarded appropriate prizes the next school day. You must register your child on FunRun.com, even if you don't do online payments.
Where does the money go?
- improve the lighting, sound system, and stage in the cafeteria for performances and special events.
- school beautification
- arts integration programs and supplies that are NOT covered by CCSD
- new ARCAE athletic programs
- 5th grade field trip
- each classroom will select a non-profit that they would like to support and a donation will be made to it based on their fundraising totals by class.
What are the prizes?
- everyone gets a wrist band.
- once you register your child at FunRun.com, he or she will get a frisbee.
- once your child raises $35, they will receive a t-shirt to wear at the Fun Run on September 22.
- once your child raises $70, they will receive a water bottle
- once your child raises $105, they will receive a string bag
- once your child raises $175, they will receive sunglasses
- all children who raise $250 or more will receive a special lunch off campus with Principal Conner and Assistant Principal McCarthy
- the student who raises the most money will receive a prize pack: limo ride + $100 visa gift card
- the grade level that raises the most money will receive a pizza party
- the class that raises the most money will receive an ice cream party
- Principal challenge: if we reach our school-wide goal of $70k, winners from each grade can dump cold water on Principal Conner and Assistant Principal McCarthy.
Any other questions?